My first blog, and we'll see how well I keep it up in the coming months. Mainly, this is for friends and family to read when I'm no longer in the area and they want to know what's going on in my world, so I'll try to keep it updated.
First, some updates about Ben for those who are interested:
Ben graduates basic training on September 5th-as of yet, we don't know if he will be coming back to WA or if he will have to report to his duty station in Oahu, Hawaii before he can come back. According to what he's written to me, the Army will move us up to 60 days after his graduation, so the chances of me moving mid to the end of September (possibly the beginning of October) are very good. Right now, my tentative plan is giving my job two weeks notice by August 15, making my last day August 29th. Ben has a 36 hour pass off base this weekend, so he will be able to call me and my job is one of things we intend to discuss. Mom and I will be flying down to Fort Benning, GA, to see him graduate.
Once in Hawaii, he will be joining the 25th Light Infantry. Visit: http://www.25idl.army.mil/index.asp to read more about it.
Updates with me:
I got my military ID last week, so I'm good to go on that front. Too bad I don't live on or near a base, I've heard shopping at the PX is supposed to be great.
That's about all I have to report today. I'll know more on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment