So Ben called me today...and it's always wonderful to hear from him, but today he tells me that he broke his pinky finger on his right hand. Apparently, (and Ben, if you're reading this, I'm sorry if I get the facts wrong), he was repairing a radio in the dark, he was in a hurry and somehow ended up breaking it (why in the dark is my question...was it night time??). All of which is somewhat embarrasing, I'm sure, but on the other hand, at least it wasn't hurt any other way, if you get my drift. And he's a fast healer, so this will repair itself quickly and he'll be as good as new before he knows it. Still, I hate the idea of him hurting himself over there. It sucks not being around to make sure he's really OK...
Other than that, he's doing pretty good. He still can't reveal too much about what he's doing and where he's going, but that's OK, I'm learning that I have to start writing small lists of things to talk about when he calls. It fills that dead space (that's not the delay...boy, sometimes the delay is 20 seconds or more-makes it difficult to have a conversation).
In other news...
I'm done with jury duty, and thank God, I wasn't chosen! ^_^
Valentine's Day wasn't bad-I spent it with a friend who was slightly depressed and we watched movies-it was kinda fun. And Ben did send flowers, which arrived on Friday, so I had those to look at and think of him.
Um...let's see...that's about it. I don't have a lot going on at the moment. Looking for a new book series to read...I just finished the Liveship Traders series by Robin Hobb, and now I'm thinking about reading her Farseer Trilogy since I really liked the other. Then again, I've got so many books on my shelves that I haven't read yet...maybe I should continue Terry Goodkind or Robert Jordan...oh, though I haven't read the third book in Kirsten Britian's series yet...and I have been thinking about Anne McCaffrey's books...and then there's David Weber...
Too many books, so little time...*sigh*
1 comment:
gotta love having more books than you have time to read! ;P
Post a Comment