I've been going back to the gym the last few weeks, but today I had my first session with my trainer-it was brutal! My legs hurt so bad...but in a good way, I guess. It just means it's working...or so I've been told. It's probably a good thing I like my trainer, though, else I'd hate her. But we have something in common-her boyfriend is also in the Army and scheduled to deploy in June, so we have stuff to talk about.
Let's see...other than the gym, my life has been fairly boring. I heard from Ben this morning, he's doing well, and his finger is healing nicely. He's now in charge of the weapons because the guy who did it before didn't do a good job. Yay Ben! Oh, and this month, he got Soldier of the Month, so he gets to go before a board in March and answer a ton of questions...I don't think he'll have any problems with that since he's really smart...though I may be a little bias. ^_^
I'm believing (though it hasn't been confirmed at all) that he'll have his mid-tour leave in May, because it's right in the middle of his deployment, and because I don't want to see the new Star Trek movie without him (is that being selfish? I hope not...I just want him to be here period, but if I had to choose a time, that would be ideal because let's face it...what's the point of having mid-tour in July or August, when you're scheduled to come home in October or January/February when you left for deployment in November?). Anyway...
I've finished reading my friend's book, which was awesome, so now I'm going to go back and read her updated version and do a little editing before she sends it to a publisher...I'm excited, it'll be so great to see it published! ^_^
I'm waiting for news from my sister-in-law in Tennessee...Kansas? Um...I should know where my in-laws live, right (sometimes, those southern states all blend together)? Anyway, she's due this month with twins, and last I heard, she was in the hospital with kidney problems, and that was two weeks ago...her husband, Ben's brother, is also in the Army, and right now, he's in Afghanistan, but due back at any moment to be there with his wife when she finally delivers. I should give her a call tomorrow.
Well, it's time for sleep.
1 comment:
Oh!!! Did I actually make your blog???? I feel soooo SPECIAL!
Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment