Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Procrastination

I've been doing really well with my Wii Fit Plus-been exercising every day on it. Today, I don't feel like it. I'm using the mess that Ben made in the living room last night with all his military gear as a (really lame) excuse. I also didn't work out last Tuesday...maybe Tuesday's will be the one day a week that I don't exercise. Except now that I'm sitting here writing about it, I feel guilty. Come on Al, my mind is telling me, just shove that pile to the side, set up the board and go for it. *sigh* Actually, I'm looking up how to connect to my sister's Wii so that we can challenge each other or share information about our high scores. It'll give us both motivation to work out (plus, I can beat all her high scores-HAHA!).

It's actually sunny today-the past few days have been mostly cloudy with some of that strange misty rain. It was deceiving-I'd throw open the door, expecting cool weather, and be hit in the face with humidity. I should have learned by now.

What else...oh, my dad's coming out next week or sometime thereabouts. OK, so he's coming because his work is sending him-something about him hiring someone?-but that's fine with me! It means he'll have the evening free to hang out with Ben and I. And mom mentioned that they might be looking for another ticket for her...how fun! Following that was an e-mail from my friend Leah, who said she's also looking into tickets. YAY!

I've been writing a little more recently, too. OK, more like transferring what I have written in my notebook into my laptop, but still, it allows me to post comments within that writing that say things like 'why did I have this character do this? It's not something he/she would do!!' and 'eep! Learn to write, moron!' Actually, that last one I write because sometimes when I'm handwriting, I don't want to take the time to figure out what I really want them to say, so I write something that doesn't make a lot of sense and figure it out later. See, again with the procrastination. Still, at least I'm writing.

I got my Kindle the other day, and have been downloading books to read. Actually, I've been downloading free books-mostly classics, thank God they're free! The other books I downloaded just because they were free, and after reading them, it makes sense why. One book was so bad I could barely get by the first chapter. If these people can get published...yikes!

Well, I think I'll pass on working out today and eat some oatmeal instead.

No comments: