Figured it was about time I updated...even though I don't have much to update. My dad came out for a few days last week-we went out for dinner the first night at the Side Street Inn down in Honolulu. I'd never been there before, and dad knew of it from an Anthony Boudain episode. The food was really good, and the atmosphere was totally relaxed. Their kimchi rice was especially good.
The day before dad left, he came and stayed the night with us, which was St. Patrick's Day. We went out for Mexican food (the only Irish pub I know of is down in Honolulu-the last place you want to be during a holiday) and then came back to the apartment and watched Top Gear and Big Bang Theory.
Ben updated my computer, so now it's faster and runs so much better than it used to. I recently bought Dragon Age Origins and now I can actually play it. It's actually a fun game, though the fighting gets a little tedious after a while. Still, it gives me something to do while Ben's at work.
Let's see...other than that...not much else going on. This weekend is my sister's birthday, so I have to look into getting her present.
I was watching WWII in HD today and I heard a quote that I was interested in, so I looked up the rest of the speech. Here's excerpts from a speech given by President Franklin Roosevelt on May 27, 1941.
"The deadly facts of war compel Nations, for simple self-preservation, to make stern choices. It does not make sense, for instance, to say, "I believe in the defense of all the Western Hemisphere," and in the next breath to say, "I will not fight for that defense until the enemy has landed on our shores." If we believe in the independence and the integrity of the Americans, we must be willing to fight, to fight to defend them just as much as we would to fight for the safety of our own homes...."
"There are some timid ones among who say that we must preserve peace at any price-lest we lose our liberties forever. To them I say this: never in the history of the world has a Nation lost its democracy by a successful struggle to defend its democracy. We must not be defeated by the fear of the very danger which we are preparing to resist. Our freedom has shown its ability to survive war, but our freedom would never survive surrender. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself..."
No comments:
Post a Comment