Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Interesting Week

So far, anyway. On Friday I noticed that my left ear was hurting. I didn't think much about it-sometimes my ears do that, and then go back to normal. Saturday morning I woke up and realized that my right ear was feeling the same way. By Sunday morning, I couldn't hear out of either of my ears and my left was seriously starting to hurt to the point that I couldn't sleep.
So Monday I called the Doctor and made an appointment. I went in and she took a look into my ears. Both were clogged, so I got the right one drained, which was the weirdest sensation I've ever felt. Luckily, though, I was able to hear again. My left one they drained, but I still can't hear out of it, and it's still in pain. I've been popping Ibuprofen and I have these ear drops I'm supposed to put into my ears 3 or 4 times a day. We'll see how I feel in a few days, decide whether or not to go back to the Doctor. What is causing the pain, though, the Doc didn't know.
Tomorrow Ben's unit is having a baseball game that isn't exactly...voluntary. Wives, girlfriends and children are 'encouraged' to attend. So I guess I'll be going to a baseball game tomorrow. And again next Wednesday there's another game among his smaller unit. And in April there's a big BBQ down at the beach for the unit. The best thing about these things is that Ben gets to get off work around 1, which is a nice change. And he doesn't have to do PT.
Let's see...what else...oh, my dad is coming out next week for work. Still, he'll be here for a few days so I'll be able to see him. Very happy about that. ^_^

1 comment:

Tony and Sabrina said...

Al, you are spending too much time at the beach if your ears need to get drained :)

j/k! I totally know how it feels to have your ears being drained. It isn't fun.

Good luck with your pain. Don't wait too long to get that checked out.