So the other day I was sitting around thinking, 'maybe, with all my free time, I should think about going back to school.' But it was a thought that would require a lot of money that Ben and I don't have. See, the military used to pay for wives of soldiers to go to school, but just recently, they stopped it. I should have had this thought months ago.
And then this guy knocks on our front door. He works for the education part of the military, and now there's a new way to go to school called CLEP.
Essentially, it's the first year of college, and it's free for soldiers. For wives, it's $91 a subject (English, history, math, science, humanities). You tell them which school you want to send the credits too. That way, when you finally decide to go to college to get your AA, you have your first year out of the way and start on your second year. You can finish this first year in about 5 months.
Maybe it's a cop-out, but I'm gonna take it. It's cheaper, and I don't actually have to go to any kind of class. You have a study book, and when you're ready, you go take the test to pass that subject (which might hurt me in math, it's never been my strong suit, but I have Ben to help me...we'll see what happens there).
1 comment:
That's great you want to go back to school. Want to get an English degree? I don't think it's a cop-out. But my coworker was thinking of going back to school with CLEP, and she said a lot of colleges are no longer accepting CLEP credits. I suggest checking the schools you want to attend to see if they'll be accepted before you fully invest in it.
Post a Comment