Ben left this morning for PT at 6-and came back at 7, saying that while doing pull-ups, he heard a 'snap' in his chest and then he found out he couldn't breathe. He went to sick call and they said he hyper-extended or possibly snapped his sternum-or the muscle under his sternum. I'm not really sure, but he's having a very hard breathing and moving. So now he's home for the day, poor guy, and in a lot of pain. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and they're going to take x-rays, see if they can't figure out what happened and how to fix him.
I'm watching a show on the History channel called Ancient Aliens, where they discuss how it's possible that aliens visited Earth in the ancient days and played a part in our development or at least gave us measly humans certain types of technology. Some of it is a little far-fetched, some of it's like a bad sci-fi movie, but some of it really makes sense. And it all helps with a story I'm writing about Ancient Aliens, so that helps. If the show ever comes out on DVD, I think I might invest in it. It started out a single episode, but now it's a weekly thing, which is kinda cool.
I've started reading A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin. I wasn't sure about it at first-I even started the book several times, but it didn't catch my attention. But I started again and now I'm hooked. I'm almost finished with the first book, and I hope the second book is just as good. The only part I'm not big on is the twincest between the Queen and her brother, but luckily, it's not described in any kind of detail. Thank God.
Well, I think it's time to eat some cucumbers with some sweet chili sauce.
2 comments:
You got it all wrong! The "aliens" are the first inhabitants of Earth, and they're coming back to reclaim it. That's why the government is abducting people, to try out a vaccine against the invasion. Seriously, Al, you've seen X-Files. :)
Tell Ben I wish him a speedy recovery. When you coming back here, anyway? I'm trying to plan a weekend trip to Utah, and I don't want to miss you.
Oh the books get better and better. They're so good in fact that I actually bought them from a online bookstore in Korea just to read them again.
The 'twincest' never happens again (to the best of my knowledge), though it does have some later repercussions. I read them all a while ago, but am rereading them since they're really good.
Hope Ben gets better quickly!
Post a Comment