Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation!

In just two days we leave for Washington! I'm very excited. Ben officially signed out today at 2, so we have two days here in Hawaii before we leave. Tomorrow I think we're going to go to the Dole Plantation and run through the maze, then pick up some pineapple for the trip home.

So one of my best friends came out a few weeks ago and we had a lot of fun hanging out and seeing the island. We went to the beach quite a bit (yeah, she dragged me. I actually got a bit of a tan-kinda. Sorta). We liked to go in the evening because we were looking for great sunset pictures, but each time we went, the clouds got in the way at the last moment. We went to Pearl Harbor, which was really cool because they're remodeling the whole area and it looks great. For the first time we went to the Dole Plantation and ran through the maze (though Ben was working and we had a limited time to do it, so we had to use the map). It was really great to have a friend to hang out with during the day.
So the base has been started painting the apartment buildings and last week, they got to our building. They taped it up and put plastic on our windows and slider, then went away for the weekend. Monday it rained, so they finished the taping and went home. Today they finally finished painting our building, though I think they have to go back through and do touch up because our lanai looks horrible. I'm pretty sure they were on a budget or maybe the paint was on sale or something because the color they chose for our building is a strange red/brown/purple color. The trim is red. It makes our lanai really dark.
Anyway. I'm just really happy to be going home for a few days and have some cooler, less humid weather.

No comments: