Monday, July 5, 2010

The 4th

Yay, we're in Washington! And it's cold, so it's even better than I thought it would be! Though apparently that's all supposed to change this week and get hotter. As long as it doesn't get humid, I think I'll be OK...

The flight was good-we sat in the very last row back by the bathrooms, which kinda sucked, but the infant baby in front of us didn't start crying until about the last half hour of the flight, so thank God for small favors.

Our good friends Megan and Shaun picked us up from the airport because my parents spent the weekend out on their boat, and we were totally looking forward to having the house to ourselves all weekend.

For the 4th, Ben and I drove up to Belleuve to hang out with my sister and her husband (and Jackson and 3 other couples) in their new house, which is really nice. It's a bit of a fixer-upper, but hey, it's nice and big and closer to where Collin works. It was actually a lot of fun-we had hamburgers for dinner, built a fire outside in the rain, ate two kinds of delicious cake and watched an old episode of America's Got Talent (I've never seen it before and can I just say...uh...we don't) and some fireworks shows from the East Coast (to which I declare the Capitol's sucked and the Macy's display rocked).

We got home about 10 to find a strange truck parked in our driveway and discovered that my brother, who was supposed to be camping all weekend, camped out on the sofa, where he's been ever since. It kinda sucks, as he's now got control of the only TV in the house and my Kindle, which I loaded up with books for this trip, got hurt at the airport. I'm not sure what happened-it was working great Thursday night, but when we got to the aiport on Friday, after we went through security, I turned it on, but the bottom half of the sceen is permantly stuck on a screensaver. It still turns on, and the top half works exactly as it should, but the bottom half won't do anything. I called Amazon, and thankfully, it's still under warranty and they're sending me a new one, but because the mail isn't running today, I won't get it until tomorrow...when my parents will be home and Tristan will be gone. My mom has a few books, but either I've read them or they just don't interest me. Luckily, I stumbled upon some old Calvin and Hobbs comics, so that should keep me entertained for all of a few hours.

Hey-Tristan just walked past the room-the TV's free! I'm gonna go snag it before he has a chance.

No comments: