Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So much for Updating

On a regular basis. I mean to, but it never seems to work out. I guess I never really think anything big happens to me.
We're back in Hawaii-our trip to Washington was awesome! I got to see my friends and family (and the cats!), had some great homemade food and visit most of my favorite places. I was a little disappointed that my nephew didn't seem to take to me, but I guess that's natural-he doesn't know who I am yet. Guess I'll have to wait until I move back out in the area and he gets to see me more.
We got home on the 15th and settled in-after throwing out a huge cockroach and a gecko that had somehow gotten into our apartment. Then we got a phone call from some friends of ours, Cody and Jeanette-they bought tickets to come visit us in September! We're really excited about that-especially Ben because Cody also has his scuba diving licence thing so now he has someone to go with that he actually likes. Plus, he'll have a guy to hang out with when Jeanette and I go out and do all the shopping/girly things which I know she'll want to do. It's not my cup of tea, but it'll get me ready for when Erin comes to visit (hopefully soon).
In other news, Ben hurt his chest again while doing an obstacle course. He told the guy in charge after the second time through that his chest was hurting, but the guy made him go through the course again, and by then, it was definitely hurting. He's been to the doctors...a lot, and they've thrown all sorts of words around, including stroke (which I think is stupid) to clots in his lungs. The doctor told him today that he thinks that Ben ripped a ligament in his chest, which now means he has two 'floating' ribs-any impact to that area would poke his ribs into his lungs. He's getting a x-rays and lab work done today, so we'll see what they find.
But as of right now, he is undeployable...which I suppose is a good thing, but I'd rather have a healthy husband.

No comments: