Saturday, August 21, 2010

And So It Goes

This month has been a busy month for Ben and his fellow military people.  They've been working on weekends and while the rest of the guys go out to the field for up to 5 days at a time, Ben gets stuck in the training room behind a desk working on paperwork and doing his 1st Sgt.'s job.  Part of it is because he's on profile and is restricted with what he can physically do because of his chest...but I think even if that weren't a factor, he'd still be behind that desk, as he's the only one smart enough to do paperwork without screwing it up.  I think he sees this as a mixed blessing-on one hand, he doesn't have to spend 5 days out in the field and gets to come home at night and eat real food (and shower!).  On the other hand, he's trapped behind a desk and with all the guys gone, he doesn't have a ton to do but can't come home until he's allowed by the 1st Sgt.

You know, in high school, I briefly considered joining the Airforce, but now I'm glad I didn't (though I would be thinner than I am today...).  Still.

With all this working Ben is doing, I spend my time doing the things I usually do-working out in the morning, then watching some TV, doing some housework and playing some computer games.  Hm...that doesn't sound very exciting.  Maybe I'll have to get the car for the day...go to the library...which is the cheapest thing you can do on this island.

Today, though, I did get a call from Cari and Sabrina.  Cari and Steve are moving into their new house and Sabrina came up to hang out with them.  It was great to hear from them, and cool to know that Sabrina is pregnant again.  Think she'll get another girl?  Or maybe a boy this time.  Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

No comments: