Ben said I should update this thing, so here I go:
1. Tomorrow Ben and I leave for Maui. We've never been there, but everyone whose ever been to Hawaii always seems to go there and they all seem to love it. So we'll see. I have no idea what we're going to do...probably drive around and take pictures. I'll probably do some research today about the island and make a list of places to see. Or I'll just call my mom. She's been there often enough to know.
2. Ben is officially being medically discharged from the Army. His chest injury just isn't healing right, and because of it, he can't do PT and he's non-deployable (which I'm happy about!). On top of that, he injured his lower back in Iraq driving around in the back of an MRAP-not bad, mind you, but enough that he had to go see the doctor about it. The whole discharge thing will take 3-6 months to complete (or longer, or shorter, depending on how efficient the military is feeling). It's an honorable discharge, and he will be receiving some sort of disability for the rest of his life (that we don't know about-Ben has a consultant guy he gets to meet with next month to find out the real details). And the military will move us to wherever we want to go.
Right now, we're looking at Washington (YES!), but there is a chance that Ben might be able to get a really good job in Alaska...if that happens, we might end up going where the job is. Well, we still have several more months to decide, and I'll be sure to keep you all updated.
3. My brother is being deployed to Iraq on Saturday. They told him that he wasn't going, which kinda pissed him off because he wanted to go (and he sold his car), and then turned around and said, "Oh, BTW, you're leaving in a week." He's excited to go, and I'm not worried about him-he's in the Navy and will be staying on a large base. Still, I should get his address so I can mail him things...
Um...right now, that's all the news I have.
1 comment:
I hope Ben gets the job in Alaska if that's what we really wants, but PLEASE COME HOME TO WASHINGTON!!! I miss you!
Post a Comment