I'm not a sports person-I watch the occasional soccer game or hockey game, and sometimes I watch the Winter Olympics, but the basic sports I only watch when something big happens...like when the Mariners go the...World Series (that's right, right??) or if the Seahawks get a chance to go to the Superbowl. So today I watched some of the Seahawks vs. New Orleans game-I didn't have a clue what was going on, but I know it's cool when the Seahawks make a touchdown-and hey, they won, so it was kinda cool. I doubt they'll actually make it to the Superbowl, but hey, you never know. If they do, then I might watch that game, too. Or at least, have it on in the background.
So I finally went out and bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Everyone kept telling me how good it is-even my dad, who doesn't read fiction very often. It took me about a month to read the first few chapters-it just didn't catch my attention the way everyone said it would. And then...and then the book started speeding up, and the other day, I spent all day in bed finishing it. The mystery is well written, and I love the main female character-she's fascinating! Now I'm looking into reading the sequel. It is a dark story, but it's just really well written. I would certainly recommend it.
Last night the weather dropped a few more degrees-it's now in the mid 60's, which is a really, really nice change. Ben and I took a walk last night and it was wonderful. Today we turned in our recycling and I had to laugh-the woman working at the recycling truck was freezing. She was wrapped up in two sweaters and even had mittens. She kept muttering, 'I could never live on the Mainland!' Poor woman.
I managed to convince Ben to take me to see a movie tomorrow-The King's Speech, about King George II who ruled England before/during WWII who had a huge stammer problem and the royal family hired a speech therapist to help him. The reviews have been excellent, but the only place on Hawaii showing it is at the Ward Center in downtown Honolulu. So date night tomorrow! Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment