Monday, August 8, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2

So I'll be honest-I'm not a Harry Potter fan.  I've tried to read the books, but each time I do, I get to book 3 and I lose all interest (yes, I've been told by many people that I just have to push past book 3 and the story picks up.  Well, to do that I actually have to get through book 3 which I haven't been able to do).  It's nothing against the story, it's just that the writing doesn't impress me.

So when this movie came out, my sister (huge fan of Harry Potter) couldn't find anyone to go see it with, so I agreed to go just because I like going to see movies.  However, Erin wanted me to know what was going on so I wouldn't spend the whole movie going 'whose that?  why is he important?'

I borrowed the movies from her and started watching them.  I was very bored my the first three movies, movie 4 picked up, 5 was really good, so I was sure that 6 was going to be awesome.  Instead, I was very bored by 6.  Part 1 of 7 was OK-I could tell it was going to get better.

Part 2 of movie 7 actually surprised me.  I liked it-it was much darker than I thought it'd be.  The only part I was disappointed in was that none of the main characters died.  I know, that's me being really morbid, but I enjoy it when movies/books have realistic outcomes (for the most part.  There are exceptions).  Other than that, I enjoyed the movie.  I might even try reading the books again. 

Maybe.

1 comment:

Liz said...

If you read the books you'd know that one of the twins died.. it glosses over it in the movie so its not quite as heartbreaking.. Both Tonks and Remus die, as well as Snape (if he counts as a main character..)
However, you are correct that none of the main three characters (four if you count Malfoy) die.