Monday, August 8, 2011

Quick Update

We got a house!  Well, we're renting one. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathrooms and a garage (which we've never had before).  We don't yet have our household goods, but they were shipped Friday from California, so tomorrow we're going to call Ft. Lewis and have them sent to us.  Then I'll have all my books back and we'll have a real bed!

Today we got our internet up and running, but not our TV, since there's a greenbelt behind us that blocks the satellite for TV.  I can live without it (we have Netflix and over 500 movies), but Ben kinda wants it so we have to find another provider.

I will say this-why is it that whenever you move, everyone (mainly parents/grandparents) is willing to give you anything they can get rid of-but it's never good stuff?  I really don't want my grandma's ancient leather chair, but it's the only thing she wants to give up.  Annoying!

So we have a house, Ben has a job, which leaves just me.  I've turned in applications just about everywhere I can think of-including grocery stores-but I haven't heard anything back from anyone.  I think they look at my resume and see that I haven't worked in 3 years and they toss it out.  I'm getting a little desperate. *sigh*

No comments: