Aloha from Hawaii!
I've been here almost two weeks, and plan on being here until about December 3rd or 4th. Ben's tentative departure date is December 7th.
So far, I've spent most of my time hanging around our little hotel/apartment-a small place consisting of one bedroom, one bathroom and a tiny living room/kitchen/eating area place. I've read several books, and bought some video games for my computer, and watched a lot of TV. Ben uses our rental car during the day, but there is a small mall within walking distance that has a Borders in case I run out of books. ^_^
We've been all over the island on Ben's day off, including visiting a lot of 'tourist' places, including the Arizona Memorial (which I strongly recommend for anyone who comes to the island-it's a very powerful and emotional monument) USS Missouri (where the cease fire was signed for WWII), the Bowfin (a WWII submarine), Wikiki Beach, Hanauma Bay, the zoo, Waimea Valley and North Shore (where I gave in and actually went into the ocean-yay me!) and Ala Moana Mall.
We have a four day weekend this week, so I think we're going to go the Polynesian Cultural Center, Diamond Head and the Dole Pineapple Plant.
More later!
1 comment:
way to get into the ocean! you're amazing!
miss you, girl. :)
Post a Comment