Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stardate 121120.08'

Yikes! Maybe I should actually update this thing more. I always seem to forget I actually caved in and got one.

Well, I'm back in Seattle and my husband is now serving at FOB Summerall in Iraq. He spent about a week in Kuwait, which is said wasn't all that bad-the weather was cool (if you can call 80-90 degrees cool!), though it was really, really dusty. I haven't heard from him in Iraq yet, but then, I'm not too surprised. It might be a while before I do.

Thanksgiving for me was uneventful-Ben and I packed up our apartment/hotel place and had a microwavable dinner. Good stuff right there. But I didn't mind-it was just nice to be with him. As for Oahu...well...it's a nice place to visit, but I'm still grappling with the idea of living there. I'm not sure how well I'll do, as tropical paradises are not on my top 50 list...actually, I don't think they're even on my top 100 list...there's just something about sun that gets me down. ^_^

It's all good though, because when Ben gets back, he wants to see if maybe he can score a transfer to Alaska, since the 25th Infantry works out of a base there, too. I think he misses Alaska, really, it's been about 6 years since he's been back, and I know that I'll love it, and I've never even been there. Some states, you just know you're going to love.

Other news...my friend Sabrina had her baby-a little girl. Congradulations! My church is putting on a Christmas production this week-a play called 'Joy to the Children,' a Victorian-aged play about George Mueller, a man who started an orphanage in Bristol back in the mid-1840's. It's actually pretty good-my mom and sister did a fantasic job on the set-including a dollhouse like set piece that opens up to reveal a house inside. Very cool.

I've been writing and reading a lot lately, probably because for the first time in years, I find myself without a job and not a lot to do. It's like summer vacation all over again...it's...nice. Though I might start looking for a job, just to keep me busy. We'll see.

Well, it's late and I should sleep.

1 comment:

Tony and Sabrina said...

Glad that you are back in WA. Sorry that Ben isn't here ... but I'll cuddle up with you and keep you warm :)