Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hey, I added a picture!

A picture Ben took while on patrol. It looks...very dry. He tells me that kids love to follow the servicemen around. They like to try to talk to them, and ask for candy and other little American objects. Apparently, Ben's sort of become the groups unofficial photographer. Cool, huh? I'll try to put a new picture up each time, just to give the blog a different look.

Still no word on mid-tour leave, but I hope it's soon. May is still my ideal month for him to come home, but April would be nice, too. ^_^

As for me, I'm sick of being bored. I applied at Half Price Books two weeks ago, and they called me in for an interview. I may be the perfect person for the job, but I think I'm a terrible interviewer. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. But at least I can mark it down as a practice run. I'll keep looking for something to entertain my time...as much as I love going to the gym, a small part time job may be kinda nice. We'll see.

My church is doing the Easter play again this year, the Kingdom. They've made it into a rock musical, and apparently, according to two good friends of mine, it's going to be so much better than last years production. Of course, like every play, I've been scouted for the spotlight job. I've been doing that job for the past who knows how many years, and it never gets old. I have the best seat in the house, I get to listen to the tech guys on the headset (always fun!), and I get to see the play every night. It's fun. When Ben and I move to Hawaii, we'll have to find a good church with an awesome drama department.

This Saturday is the March/April family birthday's-we're having Indian food! I'm very excited. Also, I get to see my cousin, whose leaving to New Zealand in a week or so to go teach for 10 weeks. I'm going to have to tell her to take pictures and figure out something she can bring me back...maybe she can go to the places where they filmed Lord of the Rings and take pictures. How cool would that be?? LOL, I'm such a nerd.

No comments: