So I've been trying to get new orders cut that allow me to get the ball rolling on all this moving crap. I called a Sgt in Hawaii, who gave me the number for a Corporal who could help me. I called him first thing (his time) Tuesday morning and explained my situation. He told me to e-mail him a copy of Ben's orders and he'll call me on Wednesday.
All day Wednesday I waited for him to call. Then I checked my e-mail. I got one of those e-mails from the post master saying that the e-mail was delayed, but that I didn't need to re-send it-can't say I've ever gotten an e-mail like that.
Then Ben called today, and told me that he was going to call this guy. He just called me back-as expected, he never recieved my e-mail...because he gave me the wrong e-mail address! Fun stuff. Then he told Ben to send him about 5 other documents that he failed to mention to me, so now Ben's taking care of it. But it takes 72 hours to get it complete...and apparently, this guy is pretty busy.
So now I can't do anything because everything I need to do requires current orders...which I will hopefully get by next week. Then I have to drive to Fort Lewis and finish the paperwork. Then wait 10 workdays for it to go through the system. Which is fine...except that I'm going to Hawaii in early October and our stuff probably won't be there until the end of October, beginning of November.
I sort of blame myself. I guess I didn't explain to this guy exactly what I needed done...and I suppose we could have started earlier, but we had to wait on other paperwork that was taking forever to get done. And Ben was never told about the current travel orders thing...
I'm a little frustrated with the Army at the moment. And paperwork. I hate paperwork.
It doesn't help that last night I got a phone call from my dad-in the ER. Apparently, he was experiencing some chest pains yesterday and drove himself to the ER. They kept him overnight to run some tests and today at noon he had a CT Scan. Haven't heard much else. Mom says he's doing fine, but still, scary as hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment