Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hey, it's September!

Typically a good month for me-and not just because it's the month I was born in ^_^

My dad is doing just fine after his almost heart attack thing, apparently everything turned out OK on his CT scan. Yay!

I'm down to a month before I get to see Ben! We still haven't heard anything from the guy in Hawaii-he's busy every time we call. *GRRR* Here's hoping I get the new orders by tomorrow. I will be SO happy if that happens.

On the other hand, getting my car shipped is going to be pretty easy...once I get the orders, that is.

In other news...someone tried to bash our door down today, at least, according to the guy who lives downstairs. I was on my computer when I heard a huge crash that shook the building-my first thought was that someone was moving and dropped something heavy on the stairs. I went downstairs to look out the peephole, but the stairwell was clear, so I returned to my computer.

About an hour later, I get a call from Crystal, who had gotten a call from our landlady, who told her that someone had tried to get into our apartment. Crystal came home and we talked to our neighbor who saw the would-be intruder leaving, muttering something into his phone like 'she's giving me trouble.' The guy disappeared across the street and our neighbor called the cops. Our door is fine, though the knob came loose and our maintenance guy had to fix it. Neither Lottie, Crystal or I know anyone fitting the description our neighbor gave us and I doubt it was an intended robbery-what would be the point of robbing a third story apartment in the middle of the day? My thought is some sort of domestic dispute went out of control and he came looking for the girl (either because she used to live here or he didn't know exactly where she lived...maybe he was drunk?).

Oh well. At least he didn't actually get in...though I feel sort of stupid for not suspecting what it was. I guess ignorance really is bliss. ^_^

1 comment:

Leah said...

You didn't tell me about the door episode! That is soooo weird. Glad that was all that happened. :D