Monday, September 28, 2009

Well Now...

I'm completely moved out of my apartment and my storage unit. The moving people came today and packed it all up and drove away with it. I'm not really sure when I'll see it again-the movers couldn't give me a good estimate as to when it'll arrive in Hawaii. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It was sad watching them empty out the apartment-it's been my home since January, and I really loved living there and my roommates were AWESOME! Of course, it'll be great to live with Ben again, and with all our stuff...

So I'm back at home for the week, and ready to leave Saturday morning. I have one suitcase (might have to move to two-we'll see), my laptop, and a backpack. And that's supposed to hold me over for the next month or so. Unfortunatly, I only took three books with me...of course, that gives me an excuse to buy more when I'm in Hawaii and have run out of things to read. And I always enjoy book shopping ^_^

My car goes tomorrow-I'm spending all tomorrow morning cleaning the crap out of it-giving it a complete wash and vacuum and wipe down. There can't be anything in there but what came with the car. This is going to be interesting. After it's gone, I'm totally dependent on my family for rides, or for the borrowing of a vehicle. I don't intend to go too many places...

As for what happens once I reach Hawaii, that I'm still a little fuzzy on. I have reservations at the hotel on base for 30 days, during which Ben and I hope to get a house/apartment/condo/townhouse/etc on base-we're on some sort of list (I'm assuming a waiting list), and we'll just see what happens once we arrive.

I'm not sure when Ben's due in-he's hoping to be in Hawaii by October 6th, as the 7th is our Anniversary, but with the military, one can never tell. He leaves Iraq in one day for another base, then on to Kuwait, and from there, home to America. I've spoken with the wife of one of Ben's buddies (he gave her my phone number), and she's offered to pick me up from the hotel and drive me to the welcome home ceremony the day he arrives, which is very sweet, and will allow me to meet someone on the island who knows their way around.

The rest of my week in Washington is pretty full-and thank God, the weather got cold and rainy, just like I wanted it to!!! Now I can head off to humid, hot weather thinking back on the good old Washington weather that I know and love (In case you didn't know, I'm not being sarcastic-I really much prefer the rain and cool weather. I'm going to miss it...). I've got lunch plans with my aunt Piper on Wednesday and Friday night, my aunts Perri and Penny and their husbands are swinging by. Yay!!

Now it's time to sleep. I gotta get up early to get all that car stuff done. Ugh.

No comments: