Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hawaii: Day One

Good-bye Washington, Hello Hawaii.

Last night was my last night in WA, so my mom invited my family over for a little going away party. It was fun-mom made salmon and Spanish rice, and we had brownie sundaes for desert. The I woke up at 5:45 this morning to get ready for the airport.

I arrived this morning at 11:00 AM Hawaiian time, and was met at the airport by Melanie, the wife of one of Ben's friends out in Iraq. It was nice to have someone pick me up rather than take a shuttle to the Inn on base. Melanie is really sweet-we have a lot in common and she was able to fill me in on a few things about being a military wife. We went out to lunch, then arrived at the Inn and I checked in. Then we went to the commissary and I got a few things to munch on for a few days, and now I'm back in the room and relaxing.

The room is pretty nice-it's long and holds two double beds, a little kitchen/closet area and a bathroom. There's even a DVD player attached to the TV so I can watch my Castle, Season 1 DVDs on a TV instead of on my laptop. I think I'm going to have to get used to this room-I could be here a while-up to 60 days-while waiting for a house.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to church with Melanie-she attends a Southern Baptist church near her home. Should be pretty interesting.

I'm still not sure when Ben is arriving on the island-the date keeps changing, though he believes that he'll be arriving on the 8th. Hey, I'll believe for that! The sooner he's here, the better. I would like to live normally, as husband and wife, for a while.

The weather, for those of you who are interested, is 85 degrees and breezy. Oh yes, and humid.

No comments: