Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 4

Nothing like sitting around a hotel room for four days. Though it hasn't been all bad-Melanie took me to church on Sunday (a Southern Baptist church), and it was a little strange. The church has maybe 20 people in it, and I've never been to a church that leaves all the doors and windows open, and has more fans going than I've ever seen.

Yesterday Melanie took me to the Housing Office and I found out that I need another Special Power of Attorney that only Ben can get before they start the house search for me. And Ben is sort of out of contact in Iraq. He's waiting for a flight out of Iraq to Kuwait, but for some reason, there's been a mix up with paperwork or something, and he's stuck in a holding pattern, and they're locked down, so he can't call me. He did purchase an hour of Internet, though, so I did get an e-mail from him.

After the Housing Office, we went to the PX (it's like a larger Fred Meyer but with cheaper prices) for lunch and then shopped around for books. I found a copy of Treasure Island and thought I'd give that a try.

I have no plans for today...maybe I'll try walking over to the Commissary (the on-base grocery store) to get some more food. There's also a movie theater pretty close to my hotel. I wonder what's playing...

I was watching the news this morning, and they're calling for a Flash Flood Warning for all Hawaiian islands-I guess it's supposed to rain today. It rained yesterday, but not for very long. The weather is still warm-today it's supposed to be 75 degrees, which is fine, except for the humidity that's 85%. Yuck. Oh, and the trade winds have gone on strike, so no wind for the next few days. Fun.

No comments: