I'm back in Seattle for a day. Really. Flew in last night at 10, and leave tomorrow morning with my mom. I'm in town for my friend Carolyn's wedding, which was really fun. She got married down at the courthouse in Belleuve, and then we drove to our friend Sabrina's house for the very small reception.
Apparently, when I called my mom from the airport yesterday, she told me that it was pouring down rain and very windy. I got very excited to come back and find rain and cold weather-only when I got in last night, the rain had vanished, leaving clear sky. At least it was cold. This morning I woke up, and it was sunny-chilly, but not too bad, perfect autumn day. Probably just for Cari ^_^. It better be raining tomorrow!
Other than coming back home for a day, Ben and I are moved into our apartment and mostly set up. Our bed came today (go figure I'm not there), and I'm excited to go back and try it out. There's nothing quite so comfortable as sleeping in a new bed. We also purchased a new TV, which is really nice (Ben being Ben, it's already hooked up to a great surround system and we have a new DVD player to go with it. Our Internet and TV get hooked up in November). So far, the only thing furniture wise we're missing are dining room chairs. We have a table...and two metal folding chairs. Fun, but not that comfortable. Oh, and we're missing bed-side tables. There's a furniture store on-base that we're going to check out, see if we find anything.
I've got everything of mine unpacked-except for the collectable Star Trek stuff. It's been in boxes for years now, and I don't know what to do with it. If I had a third bedroom, I'd set up a collectable room, filled with bookcases and shelves for my collactables. But for right now, I guess they're stuck in their boxes :(. I'll probably find something to do with them.
Well, at the moment, that's about all I have to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment