Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Three...

I haven't heard from Ben since Sunday. No phone, no e-mail, no letter (not a single luxury...wait...). He mentioned that he was going on a mission on Sunday (er, Monday...stupid time difference!), but I didn't think it was going to be a long one. So I'm really hoping to hear from him today...I'd like to know if we got our orders yet, because until we get them, my hands are tied and I can't do anything.

I did see Wicked on Saturday at the Paramount with Cari, Sabrina, Sabrina's mom and my mom. What a wicked (haha, get it???) awesome play!! The music was really good (I bought the CD yesterday) and the sets and costumes were amazing. The lighting was pretty good, too, though I thought the spotlights didn't do such a great job (though I may be a little biased. Fourteen years on a spotlight will do that to you). I'll never be able to watch Wizard of Oz the same way again. Now, to read the book...

Other than that, not much going on. I went to a writer's meeting today-Leah read a prologue I had written for a story out loud (I couldn't bring myself to read it...) and it turned out OK. Now, to convince myself that I need to finish that story...

My birthday's on Friday. Wow. Another year older. Mom wants to take me to the mall, and then...I don't know. Mom's fasting and dad's in DC (September is the end of the fiscal year for his company so he always seems to be gone my birthday), so it's going to be a quiet day for me. But that's OK, because the next day I'm going to Powell's, which is heaven for me anyway. Gotta love books!

Almost two weeks until Ben's birthday. He wants a new TV-and I know he reads this blog, so I'm not going to say if that's what he's going to get or not ^_^.

1 comment:

Zymox said...

You're going to Powell's without me? *gasps*

Ok...fine. Have a good time! Overspend for me!