I was reading an article today about the next Star Trek movie-the cast from the last one have all signed on to do another movie, but no script has yet been written. The article talked about how interesting it would be for JJ Abrams (one of the writers) to tackle Kahn.
While it would be interesting, I think they should take a different direction. I wouldn't mind a movie dealing with the Klingons (though, again, you'd have to tread lightly with this one)...you could even bring in Curzon Dax (ooh, interesting!), even if only for a few scenes. I would love to see Dax interacting with them, finally see what Jadzia was talking about for all those years.
I would like to see the Tholians reemerge. Maybe something with the Cardassians. Ooh, the Ferengi would be good for a laugh. What about introducing the Betazoids-Kirk would have fun with the females.
Bring in Nurse Chapel-you heard her name in the last movie, but never actually saw her. Maybe introduce Saavik again-she was interesting. In the book based on the Wrath of Kahn and Search for Spock, they made her half-Romulan, half Vulcan, even though it was never mentioned in the movie. But it would be cool to see her have more depth. Re-introducing Carol Marcus would be cool-show how they met, and how they ended their relationship (and of course, she'd have to be pregnant when it ended, because having David around would be a nice touch).
I would LOVE to see Kirk interacting with Q. I don't know if this would be likely, but it would be a funny idea. And I have no idea who would play Q. John De Lancie's getting up there in age. Maybe Hugh Laurie? LOL!! I just pictured it. OK, time to move on.
I would NOT like to see the Borg in any way, shape or form. Nor am I all that interested in the Gorn.
I want to see the Romulans again (I can't help it, they're my favorite species), but after the last movie, it would be slightly overdoing it a little. Though I have considered writing a show based on the Romulan Empire-it would still be Star Trek, only from their POV. There's some interesting stuff going on in that Empire-you have the Senate, you have the common people, the Tal Shiar, the few Romulans who seek to be like their Vulcan cousins but are hunted down for it. Wow, totally went off on a tangent there.
OK, now my thoughts are down and out of my head. I can go get some sleep. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment