Warm, sunny and breezy today. Yesterday was actually nice-it was cloudy mostly all day, and it started raining about 4 and went until we went to bed at 11. Though raining is a weird thing out here-it likes to mist and drizzle for a while before it turns into normal rain. It was humid, but there was a breeze that made it slightly chilly...for Hawaii, anyway.
Ben and I decided to make a recipe that my sister sent to us-we're making peasent pasta for dinner tonight. To make it healthy (and to go with the theme of the day), Ben bought turkey sausage, so in essence, I will be eating turkey tonight. Not that it's my favorite meat...far from it, actually, but hey, gotta eat something.
We're also making instant mashed potatoes (a travesty in my family, but they're not here to make real mashed potatoes for us), salad and we bought some really yummy jalapeno and cheese bread rolls (YUM!!). Oh, and we have sparkling cider. And for dessert we have strawberry shortcake-double yum! For a relish tray (I have to have one every Thanksgiving) I have pickles and olives stuffed with jalapenos.
Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day!
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your meal sounds a lot like mine - I had chicken (can't get turkey in Korea) with vegetables, steamed potatoes and cookies. Hehe.. living alone on Thanksgiving always ends with some pathetic meals, though yours sounds pretty yummy. :)
Post a Comment